Kenny and Joann are a crazy, madly-in-love, married couple who love to have fun in a healthy way. Already having so much in common, they are a great team as a nutritionist and a chef! With Kenny’s many food allergies and restrictions, Joann took on the challenge of recreating his favorite dishes that he thought were distant memories. She began doing this for other family members and friends as well. These meals are healthy and delicious, often being not just allergy friendly, but also vegan, paleo, and keto friendly. Joann also brings her thriftiness to the “table” by finding these healthy ingredients and options on a tight budget. That coupled with Kenny’s knack for explaining complex nutrition science in an easy-to-understand way allows them to help you get healthy without breaking the bank!
‘Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.’Hippocrates
‘No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.’Maimonides
Meet Your Health Coaches
My name is Kenny Loy. I am a Certified Nutritionist, author, and Software Engineer. I have been an engineer since 1988 and a nutritionist since 1999. Although I enjoy my engineering career, my passion is teaching others how to get healthy. I love to write articles, blogs, and books about nutrition and make educational videos with Joann. Also, I enjoy researching difficult subjects and breaking them down for the layperson to understand and implement into a healthy lifestyle. This all began when I discovered that I had several food allergies, which now include dairy, corn, gluten, and cashews. Besides nutrition, writing, video editing, and web development, my hobbies include traveling and antiquing with Joann and reading/watching science fiction, fantasy, and mysteries.
My name is Joann Loy. I am a Certified Raw, Vegan Chef. I have been cooking and “uncooking” vegan dishes since 2010. I love creating and recreating dishes that are healthy and allergy friendly, since my family has multiple food allergies and limitations. Recreating dishes that they once thought could never be experienced again has been my goal and I want to share that knowledge with you. You don’t have to give up your comfort foods; it’s not as difficult as you may think. My hobbies include traveling (especially the beach) and antiquing with Kenny, sewing, quilting, embroidering, and thrifting. Knowing how expensive healthy ingredients can be, my “thrift gland” always kicks in to keep costs down, so I will happily pass this technique on to you.
- Please consult your physician before following my advice.
- Your doctor is your coach; do your own research, but follow up with your physician and run your plan by him/her.
- If you choose to follow my advice without your physician, then you are self-prescribing. You fully have the right to do so, but you may need your doctor to monitor your progress to ensure that all of your blood levels are normal and your organs are functioning properly.
- Although I am a Certified Nutritionist, I cannot give you medical advice. I can only give you the benefit of my knowledge, experience, prayer, and encouragement.
- Any lifestyle change could possibly cause detoxification symptoms, so the risk belongs to you. The decision is yours alone. Use your doctor and me as your coaches, but make your own choices.
‘Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.’Norman Cousins, ‘Anatomy of an Illness’
You must be logged in to post a comment.